How Much Does A Tummy Tuck Cost? Tummy Tuck Prices?
The tummy tuck cost is an aggregate of different costs which include the surgeon fee which may vary depending upon the level of specialty of the plastic surgeon, operation theater charges, anesthesiologist’s fee, fee for different types of pathology tests or x-ray tests etc if required, medicines which include pain medication and antibiotics for safe recovery.
The average tummy tuck cost price break down incurred on a normal level tummy tuck is as follows:
Average Surgeon Fee: $4, 500
Average Anesthesiologist Fee: $750
Average Operation Theatre and Recovery Room Facility Fee: $750
Average Medicine Charges and Test Fee: $250
Average Total Cost: $6,250
Now we quote some of the tummy tuck expenses paid by six different patients which will help you to get an idea of how much a Tummy Tuck Cost you:
S. Pikerski. – Los Angeles, CA – Price Paid = $6,250.00
L. Marcks. – Seattle, WA – Price Paid = $8,700.00
S. Christianson – Boston, MA – Price Paid = $9,100.00
M. Johnson – Miami, FL – Price Paid = $10,200.00
J. Baxter – San Diego, CA – Price Paid = $7,250.00
Tummy Tuck Cost depends a lot on the expertise of the plastic surgeon and the nature and size of the tummy tuck. Keep these things in mind the cost of tummy tuck may vary from $3,700 to $6,500 which does not include the cost incurred on the operating facility provision and the anesthesia.
Tummy Tuck Cost – More Info
Tummy tuck also known as abdominoplasty is a surgical procedure performed in order to get rid of saggy abdomen by removing the extra skin, fat and tightening the abdominal muscles. Tummy tuck is performed in different ways which include traditional, circumferential, mini endoscopic and the extended tummy tuck, depending upon the condition and requirements of a patient’s body. www.allmedicaltourism.com
As tummy tuck is a cosmetic surgical procedure and the cost incurred on tummy tuck is much higher as compared to normal surgical procedures so only those people get it done that can bear the tummy tuck cost. The first thing before you plan for a tummy tuck is to get an idea of the cost which can incur on your tummy tuck. Now we will discuss how much a tummy tuck can cost, what are the factors affecting its cost and what important things you need to consider before opting for a tummy tuck.
Health Insurances do not pay for the tummy tuck: Keep in mind that tummy tuck is a cosmetic surgical procedure which is generally not covered by most of the health insurance companies. It means you need to pay the whole amount from your own pocket.
Is a tummy tuck suitable for you?
Abdominoplasty or the tummy tuck is a sensitive and expensive type of cosmetic surgery which is performed by keeping different things under consideration. If you are thinking about have a tummy tuck to reduce your belly, than the first thing you need to make sure is that do you really need a tummy tuck, how much it can be beneficial for you, what will be the approximate tummy tuck cost of your tummy tuck and does your financial position allow you to have it done without affecting your other financial matters.
You also need to get it verified that if you are medically fit for getting the tummy tuck procedure performed on your body. First of all you need to consult the plastic surgeon for initial checkup and analysis of your health status. Serious health issue like diabetes, obesity, any type of heart disease, high blood pressure or a history thrombosis may increase the risks of serious complications of the surgery.
Tummy Tuck Cost – What is Your Body Mass Index
One of the important calculation to be done for your body before tummy tuck is the calculation of BMI (Body Mass Index) which will help to estimate the ratio of fat in your body. The ratio is different for different types of bodies. A list of different BMIs for different types of bodies is given below:
- Underweight = < 18.5
- Normal weight = 18.5 -24.9
- Overweight = 25-29.9
- Obesity = 30 or greater
In general practice it has been observed that tummy tuck is not offered if a patient’s BMI is 25 or above, as it can increase the risk of complications after surgery. So such patients whose BMI is greater or equal to 25 are advised to lose weight and come in the normal range of BMI in order to reduce the risk of post surgical complications and get maximum benefit from tummy tuck.
Women planning for a tummy tuck after pregnancy need to have a detailed medical examination before tummy tuck to get all the requirements of the procedure cleared prior to proceeding with the tummy tuck. Abdominal muscles may get displaced and move towards the sides of abdomen during pregnancy and may not come back to their actual position after delivery. This issue is very important to be considered and examined before proceeding with the tummy tuck and not just the Tummy Tuck Cost alone.
A patient is also needed to get examined for any scars on the abdomen which may affect the blood circulation in the abdominal skin area which may take the healing process longer than normal. Any type of “hernias” present in the abdominal area also needs to be treated during theabdominoplasty.
Post Surgical Care and Procedures:
Abdominoplasty is a sensitive cosmetic surgical procedure that requires proper post surgical care, exercises to control weight after surgery, recovery time (minimum two weeks) and in some cases more minor surgeries after few months if required. You also need to bear scars on your abdomen as a result of getting the tummy tuck performed.
What are the general indications for a Tummy Tuck?
A tummy tuck is generally required under following indications:
- Bringing the abdominal muscles in proper position which have been after during after pregnancy
- To remove the extra fat and skin from the abdomen to get it into a perfect and good looking shape.
- Tummy tuck also helps to remove the stretch marks appearing after pregnancy.
- To get rid of abdominal wrinkles
- To tighten the weak abdominal muscles
The Causes which lead towards the need of Abdominoplasty:
The major causes which may lead a patient to get a tummy tuck include:
- Getting overweight
- Gastric bypass surgery
Tummy Tuck Cost and Info from start to end:
Preparations before tummy tuck:
Once you have been examined and proposed to get a tummy tuck you need to get the following things done before the surgery:
- Food and water intake must be stopped eight hours prior to the surgery
- Smoking and alcohol intake must be stopped at least two weeks prior to the abdominoplasty
- Any types of drugs which can be harmful during or after the surgery must be stopped including the hormones such as birth control pills, anticoagulants and anti-depression medication at least two weeks before the surgery
The tummy tuck cost surgery procedure:
Tummy tuck surgery is a sensitive surgical procedure and is performed in the following general steps:
- First of all a linear incision is made from one hip to the other along with the bikini line. The skin is actually cut between the pubic boon and the naval and then the skin is stretched and stitched again.
- The extra skin and fat is then removed after stitching.
- Before stitching the cut skin between the naval and the pubic boon, the abdominal muscles under the skin ate tightened and tone by stitching and tightening them in new position.
- After the internal surgical procedures are complete, and then skin is stitched, dressing is applied and a temporary tube is inserted in the surgery area of abdomen to drain off any excess fluids in the abdomen.
The Recovery Period:
As mentioned before tummy tuck is a sensitive procedure and requires lot of serious post surgical care to recover properly and get the desired results. The recovery takes place in three stages which are as follows:
First Recovery Phase: In the first stage of recovery a patient stays in the hospital for post-surgical care. The stay in hospital for the initial recovery stage may vary from few hours to 3-4 days depending upon the nature and complexity of the surgery performed.
Second Recovery Phase: After the completion of post-surgical care in the hospital, the patient is discharged from the hospital and is allowed to go home. At home you need to take rest to speed up the recovery from the surgery.
Third Recovery Phase: After you have recovered from the surgery in the second phase and have got much better, now the surgeon will advise you some exercises and diet schedule to make your abdominal muscles strong and to improve and maintain the abdominal shape. Initially it involves light exercise to increase the blood circulation the abdominal area, reduce swelling and to tone the abdominal muscles.
Some Useful Tips to Recover Fast from Abdominoplasty:
- Don’t try to do heavy exercise in the initial recovery days like stretching the abs, as it may cause fluid accumulation in the surgery area of abdomen and make the recovery much slower.
- You also need to stay in sitting position of lay down with your knees folded in order not to get off your stitches with strain on the abdomen.
- Start with liquids and a light diet which is easily digestible. Don’t use any carbonated drink during the recovery period.
- Uses the compression garment provided after surgery and replace it with another one when getting the first cleaned and do not expose the surgical area of body to water before it is allowed by the surgeon.
- Keep away from strenuous and hard activities and do not lift loads heavier than 10 lbs for a month to let yourself recover.
- Take plenty of liquids in the form of fresh water and juices to get rid of any abdominal discomforts and constipation.
- Have a walk every day to help in blood circulation and speed up the recovery.
- Take your medicines including the pain killers and antibiotic regularly to help in faster recovery and prevent any post surgical problems like infections etc.
Who requires tummy tuck? Anyone with a big belly can opt for a tummy tuck to get into a beautiful body shape with flat belly. Most of the people who use weight loss remedies like pills and other medicines may lose the fat but are left with lose skin on the abdomen which make it saggy and they look very dull in this shape. Women usually get saggy abdomen after pregnancy, to keep their body in a beautiful shape with a small tummy; they can get a tummy tuck to look beautiful as before after paying for the tummy tuck cost. These are just two reasons which lead men and women towards having saggy tummys and the best available remedy for them is a tummy tuck. It is not necessary that a person may get a saggy abdomen due to the above mentioned reasons. There lot of other reasons which may lead to a large and saggy abdomen which can be treated with the tummy tuck procedure.
These are the some basic tips which would help you during you recovery from the tummy tuck and we wish you to get more than expected from you Tummy Tuck Cost.